If you are homeless now, or are threatened with being made homeless within the next 56 days please contact the Housing Options team for advice as soon as possible:
- Telephone: 01246 231111
- Complete the online enquiry form
The North Derbyshire Homeless Pathway has been introduced for single people from the age of 18 who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. All referrals for single homeless people from the Bolsover, Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire areas will be made via the new single point of access that has been developed in partnership with local services and organisations to offer tailored and connected support for single people.
Support is available for the following:
- Support to look at housing options
- Support with basic provisions
- Benefits advice
- Support with general health and mental health via specialist nurses
- Support to access funding for deposits, rent in advance
- Tenancy support
- Outreach service to engage clients who struggle to access services
- Group activities
The pathway strengthens our commitment to support those agencies and organisations with or without a duty to refer people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness to local authorities.
To make a referral, please follow the guidance below:
You can get further guidance on the duty to refer by following the link below:
We have a Deposit Guarantee Scheme for those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness, to help finance a new rental property:
- Landlord deposit scheme information (.pdf | 450kb)
- New application deposit scheme information (.pdf | 205kb)
- Telephone: 01246 231111 - Jo Richardson in the Housing Options team
We have a number of dedicated information leaflets available for people to access. Each leaflet has a range of contact information for support services and agencies that can help you if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness. Each leaflet also gives advice on how the Council can help you.
- Advice for forces and ex forces personnel (file type, .pdf | file size, 858.81kb)
- Care leavers and former care leavers (file type, .pdf | file size, 629.51kb)
- Homeless or threatened with homelessness after leaving Hospital (file type, .pdf | file size, 792.72kb)
- Homeless when released from prison (file type, .pdf | file size, 980.69kb)
- Suffering with a mental illness (file type, .pdf | file size, 974.39kb)
- What is Domestic Abuse leaflet (file type, .pdf | file size, 961.78kb)
P3 Charity provide the Derbyshire outreach service (DOT). To notify them about someone who is or maybe rough sleeping please Tel: 0808 1968 199 or visit the website www.p3charity.org/services/derbyshire-street-outreach where you can make a referral on line. You can also access More information about rough sleeping via the Street Link website
Under normal circumstances the Council has to assess if a person is deemed to be homeless under set criteria, but this is suspended when temperatures fall below zero for three consecutive nights or during other severe weather situations such as severe heat. Under these conditions something called the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol (SWEP) is activated and the Council can offer emergency shelter.