North East Derbyshire District Council has been awarded £2.5 million UK Shared Prosperity funding to spend on initiatives to level up opportunity and prosperity and overcome geographical inequalities. The primary goal of the UKSPF is to build pride in place and increase life chances across the UK.
The UKSPF will support the UK government’s wider commitment to level up all parts of the UK by delivering on each of the levelling up objectives:
- Boost productivity, pay, jobs and living standards by growing the private sector, especially in those places where they are lagging
- Spread opportunities and improve public services, especially in those places where they are weakest
- Restore a sense of community, local pride and belonging, especially in those places where they have been lost
- Empower local leaders and communities, especially in those places lacking local agency.
The Council is developing a series of grant funding schemes to deliver against some of the targets in our Investment Plan and details of these are below:
- Town Centre improvements, including public space and support to businesses to develop their shop fronts and premises
- The development of green space and routeways, through investments in parks and play areas and signage to promote sustainable travel links
- Promoting the District and its cultural offer and enhancing village halls and community hubs
- Support towards social and financial inclusion activities
- The provision of advice and guidance for businesses
- Training in skills to enable local workers to harness opportunities in energy efficiency.
The Council has launched the following grants schemes, please click on the name of each scheme for further information:
Enhancing Village Halls and Community Buildings (currently closed to applications)
Inclusive Communities (currently closed to applications)
Quality Parks and Play Areas Round 2 (currently closed to applications)
Shopfront Enhancement Scheme (currently open to applications)
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills.