Neighbourhood Planning enables town and parish councils to prepare, in partnership with the community they represent, a formal planning document for their area. The key intention of the Neighbourhood Plan is to allow local communities to make their own decisions on how their towns or villages change or develop; but they are required to conform with the policies of the District Council’s Local Plan.
The Adopted Neighbourhood Plans in the District are:
- Ashover Parish Neighbourhood Plan
- Brackenfield Neighbourhood Plan
- Dronfield Neighbourhood Plan
- Holymoorside and Walton Neighbourhood Plan
- Wessington Neighbourhood Plan
- Wingerworth Neighbourhood Plan
Neighbourhood Plans which are in preparation:
- Brampton Neighbourhood Plan – the neighbourhood area is designated and Brampton Parish Council is currently preparing their Draft Neighbourhood Plan.
- Shirland and Higham - the neighbourhood area is designated and Shirland and Higham Parish Council is currently preparing their Draft Neighbourhood Plan.